Welcome to Hillel of Colorado
We Are Hillel: We Need You!
Hillel of Colorado’s Year‐End Campaign
Every single dollar you donate through December 31, 2018:
is matched 100%, dollar‐for‐dollar, by Hillel’s Business Board
goes directly to student programs
is 100% tax‐deductible
Final day to donate is December 31st, 2018. We still have 3 weeks left!
- As of December 5, Hillel is 43% of the way through our July – June fiscal year. $440,000 gives us a balanced budget.
- Thanks to your hard work and generosity we are doing exceptionally well.
- Our most important fundraising days of the year are today through December 31, 2018.
Hillel of Colorado, one of over 500 North American affiliates of Hillel International, is the Jewish home‐away‐from‐home for over 1,000 Jewish students at the University of Denver and at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins – with outreach to students at a dozen other colleges in metro‐Denver and northern Colorado.
Founded in the early 1950’s, Hillel of Colorado provides students with a safe place to learn, socialize, celebrate, act, hone their Jewish values, travel to Israel – and develop the all‐important skills and contacts to enable them to become tomorrow’s community leaders.
Independent Hillels serve students at Colorado College in Colorado Springs and – since July 2018 when Hillel of Colorado empowered the Boulder community and CU Boulder alumni to form a new entity to better serve its large number of Jewish students – at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
Student‐run and staff supported activities – from weekly Shabbat dinners to social justice trips to assist disaster victims – connect Jewish students with mentors, with Jewish tradition and with each other as they navigate the often‐rocky transition from the Jewish world of childhood to that of Jewish adulthood.
Hillel of Colorado is:
- Traditional Programming such as Shabbat dinners, community learning, holiday celebrations and commemorations, social programs, and social justice initiatives – and of course, that home‐away‐from‐home students crave!
- Leadership Development Programming that train the Jewish leaders of tomorrow, connect students to the Colorado Jewish community, offer community internships, mentorships, and 1–1 connections – and provide avenues to enhance students’ professional skills they will need for life beyond college.
- Israel Programming offers students an opportunity to join us on a Hillel‐sponsored‐and‐run Birthright Israel trip, with pre‐ and post‐trip programming. Cultural programs and political discussions, speakers – and access to enhanced travel and study opportunities in Israel post‐college – abound.
Hillel Colorado Campuses
Hillel at Colorado State University is a home away from home for everyone in the “ramily”. We have all sorts of ways to get involved from social events to Shabbat. We host major events throughout the year, and collaborate with multicultural, multifaith, and other organizations across campus. In addition to our volunteer‐led Leadership Team, Hillel offers semester or year‐long internships for outstanding student leaders to provide them the opportunity to positively affect Jewish life on campus while receiving unique professional and learning opportunities. If you are ever in town, stop by for a bagel.
Hillel at the University of Denver offers many ways for students to develop their leadership skills and to engage the campus community. We offer a variety of programming, such as weekly Shabbat Dinners, Social Action Sessions, Sustainability Opportunities, and many others based on our students’ passions. Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to get involved, to impact and shape the Jewish community for each other and their peers. Get in touch to learn more about how to make a Jewish home for students on campus.